Monday, June 2, 2014

Letters from the Soul: This Month's Newsletter Column

(So, here's how this month's newsletter column begins...yep, the time has come, the walrus said!  Perhaps to talk of many things, but those things include getting married...I will be flying out to Charlotte, North Carolina midweek, and my fiancee Carrie and I will be married at Warren Wilson Presbyterian Church in Swannanoa on the morning of Saturday the 7th.

After the wedding, I will be taking a week of vacation, and that will include a sabbath from blogging, so this will be my last post here for two weeks; I plan on being back and writing for y'all by Tuesday the 17th.

As always, it is a privilege to be able to spend my days ministering and writing, and I look forward to continuing to do precisely that for many years to come as a married man! E.A.)

June 2014: "Just Married!"

Dear Church,

June will be one of the few months that will eclipse the August when you called me as your pastor in terms of personal significance for me: as many of you know, on Saturday, June 7, Carrie and I will be married before God and the church in her hometown in North Carolina!

We are both excited to be living here in Washington together, and I am elated to have Carrie here with me on one of the most important parts of my week: Sunday mornings with all of you.

I also want to express my gratitude and appreciation for all of the prayers, kind words, and well wishes from all of you as we have gone about the long process of moving and relocating—those words have meant a lot to me over the months as Carrie and I strove to organize a move, a wedding, and a job search together all while living on opposite coasts.

We are thrilled to be able to begin living life, and being here in church with you, as a married couple!

Yours in Christ,
Pastor Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment